Thread: The Winding Warrens

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

please, please, please, Cartographist...try Gimp and inkscape...their free and worth a play with. Paint is simple (which is good) but it's also very limited (not so good) and it can be labourious to get the result you want.

Yes, I agree: try GIMP at the very least. Within 2 hours of playing you will be amazed at what you can do! It's like Paint on nuclear-powered space sterioids!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Or paint.net which I have played with and liked, but at the time had no transparent png support. (Now it does).

Also, you need to install the M$oft .NET giant bloatware framework monstrosity, but many people already have that installed.

But, FWIW, I agree with Don and Ravs - Try the GIMP (It is what I primarily use) and it supports tablet pressure sensitivity (which paint doesn't )

-Rob A>

If you would allow me to do so... I would love to take a crack at coloring this for you!

I'm new to digital art, and am in need of training projects to get better.

I would just do it, but as one artist to another, thats not very nice conduct at all.

Kagehito - Have at it. I'd love to see what you do with it.

Alright!

I have a gaming session i'm about to head off to for right now, buty i should have something to show at the end of tomorrow!

Thanks for the support and letting me have a crack at it.

Ok so i finished 2 steps so far...

Step one was seperating the background, grid, and outline into different layers.

The fact that this was made in paint actually made it much more easy then some of the scans i've tried.

Step 2, adding textures. I used my "Splat Texture" technique that i've been workingo n. it's a little tedious, but it makes the texture not so even, so its seems a little more natural. I took a big black page and made a hugh texture base, then pulled parts from it with the stamp tool, then spread it around from there.

Now on to shading...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	windingwarrens.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	789.2 KB 
ID:	2692  
    The pen is truly mightier then the sword, for with one quick stroke, a pen can kill your drawing; but the sword takes a couple hits before you drop it into negitive HP.