Quote Originally Posted by Javert View Post
You are crafting a language? That is something that is far out of reach for me. Again I'm impressed. And contractions like Han'Keba really do make sense, insofar as words in another language can make sense, that is.

But you are really doing this full-out. One of the reasons why I think Tolkien was the father of modern fantasy is his around-the-board approach to everything fantastic. Language, Culture, Geography, History--It was all included in his works. And if you are following in somewhat of the same path I think you will reap some of the same rewards. Great job and I hope to be able to see the finished product.
Thanks! I'm also trying to avoid things that I feel are too cliché, like for example; The classic fantasy setting now-a-days is: Treehugging elves + stoneloving dwarves + humans that kind of like/hate everything.
I'm creating a different kind of creatures. There will of course be humans, but also another species that is slightly inspired by Harpies.

I've been working on this world on a regular basis since the summer of 2009, but only now am I really beginning to write the story. Most of the time has gone to making the "frame"/setting of the world.

Another cliché I would like to avoid is this whole "I'm the lonesome hero and I don't know my parents cuz they be DEAD! /cry" scenario.