Thread: The Land of Tereden

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm so glad you're here, Leona.

This map is wonderful. I will echo the critiques listed above re: the legend, the shape of the island, etc.

As for Photoshop use, I think this is very well done except it contains no texture. It appears to be a white map under a yellow light, and I think this is because the paper has no depth, irregularities, or other authentic features. Have you ever thought of running a verrrry slight texturizer filter on it (ex: even sandstone), or perhaps of overlaying a scanned in piece of thick paper or cloth? (Or, if you want to get really crazy, you could use a displacement map, too, but that's perhaps over the top.)

Overall, this is a great map. Very well done.
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Nice map Leona (and welcome to the guild!)

"The mother and the Son" - I really like that name

My only gripe is (as ravs pointed out) the rivers. I am a bit river anal though, so take anything I rant about rivers with grain of salt. Your worst offense with rivers is that they cut clean across the island! Where does the water come from and which way does it flow? They also cut clean through mountain ranges in two cases.

But I really like your style!

-Rob A>

"river anal" should be "River retentive" Am I going to have to slap your... hand.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Gorgeous! I really like the style of this map. I didn't notice the rivers, but I did wonder what those grid-like shapes were. The only new thing I have to add is that the label for the Crimson Mountains is obscured by the mountains themselves. All the other labels are placed on open land, limiting the interference of other lines.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

I too love the map. To me, it invokes images of the fact that the map was etched into a bronze or maybe brass plaque/plate.

My thoughts at least
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave