Yeah, final exams today so I'm not going to get to that typing anytime soon... grading (the wait has ended, the hurry up is starting). Yes, the water would be rather brackish, but the waterfall would be where they would probably get their fresh water from. Kind of handy no doubt.

Yes, I assume it would be cold, depending on clime, I have not thought of the "larger picture" as of yet. As for the caves, it is a combination of two different types of caves in essence "running into" one another. The sea caves are formed by the crashing waves and the other caves are more common limestone style caves which formed from the other direction. There is probably a honeycomb effect, as more caves would surround the area.

Were I to break the map out and take more time, I would have shown how the other caves sit in relation to the Primary and Secondary chambers (one of them however was carved out and "finsihed" to create the roost, a cave that had, like the Secondary Cave formed behind the Sea Caves and "broken through"). More on all that when I get time later.