Thread: Inkscape strategies: line/paths vs. calligraphic tool

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Pyrandon, do you use an A6, A5, A4 or larger tablet. What size do you think is necessary. I have a klutzy A6 one but would like a wacom. I feel A6 is too small and I think most would agree but some people say A5 is ok some say you need larger. Wacom look the best by far esp since they have x64 drivers. Do you think the Intuos is required or is the Graphire is good enough ?

carlaz - I picked up a used wacom 3 graphire (6"x8") for $100cdn on craigslist.

Redrobes - I think that is about A5 and have found it perfect when working standalone on my notebook screen (1400x1050) but is a little small when I am working with an extended desktop (1400x1050 main, 1200x1600 portrait mode secondary screen)

-Rob A>

Blog Entries

I see. I had not thought of that. I guess its the screen size that makes a difference. If you have a large high res screen then your likely to have the image physically smaller in relation to the size of the screen area so that the actual cursor movement is that much smaller. So you need a larger tablet to compensate as the movements on a large tablet scale smaller on screen.

B.T.W - Rob, I like the festive avatar. Did you see this :- http://www.mitchoconnell.com/glittergraphix2/index.html being Redrobes, perhaps I ought to get one too...

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    B.T.W - Rob, I like the festive avatar. Did you see this :- http://www.mitchoconnell.com/glittergraphix2/index.html
    Yeah - that was my inspiration...(via boingboing) And once I see a technique done in PS I just have to come up with a way to do it in Gimp

-Rob A>