Thread: writer looking for map-maker

Guild Applicant

Wip writer looking for map-maker

Thanks for the opportunity to register with the site, and to post my interests.

I'm part of a writing team for a science fiction adventure story. The story's planet is Earth, but not quite the Earth we know - the continents are arranged somewhat differently.

I've been looking for ways to improve my slapped-together map that evolved over the last few years. I'm thinking of a detailed relief map of the main continent, and a few insets for important local areas. Eventually, a global map of this "Earth" will be needed, as well as the planet Vos, that will be visited later on the story. While making our own new maps isn't entirely out of the question, a talented amateur cartographer would most certainly be welcome to consider working on our map needs.

Your maps here are quite beautiful, and somewhat intimidating by their beauty (talent required, costs expected).

Robert

In Search of the Seventh Kingdom

Test Book Trailer Videos:
    first experimental trailer

second experimental trailer

I'm hoping that as I find more time to work on these trailers, and time to experiment with the proper software, my next versions will become much better. My plan for a third test video will include the use of some voices to replace the typed text.

Looks great, man. Head over the Mapmaking Request subforum and post your details there. If this is a paid project, I expect you'll have a bite right away. Heck, I'd probably be interested--I am between other commissions at the moment!

I was gripped with the storyline until the task was " placed solidly on the shoulder of two teenage girls", however, it sounds very interesting
    Our sense of the stability of the earth is an illusion due to the shortness of our lives.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Guild Applicant

Thanks for your helpful response, Reckless.

Your reference to another forum (Mapmaking Request subforum) is the second such referral that I can't seem to locate. If you could give me a clue as to where I can find it, I'd really appreciate it.

Robert

The index page of the forum is divided into sections, the second to the bottom section 'Mapping Resources' - look at the second to the last board in that section... Map Request Forum. Be sure to read the FAQ of that board. You will need to link some sample maps from here that best meet your needs, you will need to post how much you intend to pay, then what your deadline is... good luck finding your best cartographer.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Applicant

Doh!

Umm. Yes... I now see... umm, the link.

Thank you.

Guild Applicant

I swear it wasn't there before.

Thank you for your gentle manner of showing me the link.

RL - Red-Face - Grayme