Thread: What size/resolution do you choose when creating your maps? Why?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've been using 300ppi for pretty much everything since that's what I understand is best for print. Lately I have been wondering about trying 600ppi but I think my PC will dog out on me I know I need an upgrade in a terrible way.

I'm still having issues with all this. For some reason, despite what I my software says, my printer always comes out wrong. I can take it to the print shop and it will be fine so there must be some crap setting in my OS or printer driver that is hosing me but heck if I can find it. Gimp says it's 8.5" x 11" but it doesn't come out that way. I know if my printer uses 600dpi and my image is 300ppi it'll be wrong but even with the printer set to 300dpi it doesn't work. I've sort of given up on printing anything at home at this point. I would start a thread about this but I have no faith I can fix this.

Of course, I don't think that has anything to do with your original question so just stick with my first sentence

edit: After reading Gidde's post I am left wondering if I'm thinking wrong again. In Gimp for instance, doesn't what it says under "print size" or "scale image" when you select Inches mean anything? Because it'll say 8.5 x 11 but it doesn't come out that way.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 01-29-2011 at 12:42 PM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt