Thread: Commision - Snowy Field Ambush

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So i decided to hurry and get all the elements on the map down first then work on tweaking also let's Aegeri the chance to see it. What I meant jfrazierjr was the trees and the scarecrow adding snow to them. The client requested a clean road except for ice pools where I put the difficult terrain symbols. Other thing I'm not sure of is how to create an effective looking large snow drift. Aside from that it's comming along nicely enough. Gonna come back to this one of the course of the next couple days to tighten it all together.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SnowyFieldAmbush.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	4.60 MB 
ID:	33067  
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Quote Originally Posted by geamon View Post
    So i decided to hurry and get all the elements on the map down first then work on tweaking also let's Aegeri the chance to see it. What I meant jfrazierjr was the trees and the scarecrow adding snow to them. The client requested a clean road except for ice pools where I put the difficult terrain symbols. Other thing I'm not sure of is how to create an effective looking large snow drift. Aside from that it's comming along nicely enough. Gonna come back to this one of the course of the next couple days to tighten it all together.
    Rather than using plasma or something, it is better to use a variant of the image. Here I just used a thresholded inverted copy of the tree itself as a mask, to which I applied a bit of spread and 1/2 pixel blur. (The mask is on a white layer). I also applied a small bumpmap to give it edge, then added an overlay layer to dodge and burn tree shadows and highlights to match your overall l->r lighting.

-Rob A>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tree.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	33068