Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Non-map Archer illustration beef - Or whatever else fires you up.

Well, first I'd have to go back and dig for them since I did not bookmark any. Second, I'm hesitant to point out someone's error when I didn't try to help them out first.

What I will promise to do is be a little more up front with folks when I see this and as nicely as possible point it out so they have an opportunity to correct it.

If I do happen to come across another one I will send you a PM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by DevinNight View Post
    used to have clouds behind the moon cuz I thought it was cool. Now that I'm a older and a bit wiser I know that clouds will never be behind the moon.
    I think that's cool, too. (BTW, a Flash developer for one of my friends just put clouds behind the moon -- ignorantly, not for effect. It was pretty sad.)

I also like crescent moons with stars inside. Same principle.

rotfl...clouds behind the moon??

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    @Mid - Kinda like how Snoopy does push-ups? (leans on his nose and raises his arms up and down?)
    No, I've seen a few images where the archer is gripping the arrow's butt and pulling on that instead of having fingers hooked over the string. I can only imagine that if you were to do that with a wooden arrow that you'd either split the sucker in half, or just break off one side of the nock.
    Like so: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs28/i/20..._Shaboygen.png
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

I guess if you were in space looking towards the earth clouds could be behind the moon

@Mid - Oh yeah, that won't work.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Amazingly, her fingers do not actually appear to be gripping anything at all there. Well, can't be sure about the thumb since it's not visible. But it doesn't really resemble the thumb draw thechnique either.

Quote Originally Posted by monks View Post
    rotfl...clouds behind the moon??
    I was just replaying Return to Castle Wolfenstein and noticed this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wolfenstein.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	296.2 KB 
ID:	34301

Definitely not an isolated error.

ha!...well I played through that game TWICE and I have to say I never noticed it...but then I was far too busy killing Nazis- in fact when I ever got cornered I would say "hey Nazi, have you noticed that the clouds are going behind the moon...?" and they would die laughing. :-D Great game, one of only 3 games I ever replayed. Half Life, Unreal 2 (I was 'forced' to do that though, not by choice), Castle Wolfenstein and most of Far Cry.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

lol... just reading through this thread shows all the stuff that tics people off. So, I'll just turn some of those on their head. For instance, I loooooved playing Elite on my old Commodore 64, fantastic game.. then came Elite 2.. and somehow the creators decided that space travel should be more realistic, so now, when you turned the engines off - the ship didn't stop rather it continued in ludicrous speed... meaning all spaceduels were between small spots 2x2 pixels - the original dog fight feel all gone *sigh* ... oh and Giddes talk about light where there should be none... I'm typical anoyed with darkness where there should be light ... like the doctor examining a corpse in semi darkness, just to add "ambience" to the scene... *lol*... or people walking around with their flashlights and nobody even checking if there is a functioning lightswitch somewhere... *lol*.
    And concerning Buffy holding a sword wrong - well, I can forgive her anything

I think that in normal polite forums it would be fine to point out obvious errors, but if I was new in a forum I'm not sure I'd start out by pointing out errors as well... but you could always use the sandwich method - say something nice / critique / say something nice
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I feel I should point out that wrapping the index finger over the guard is a legitimate technique, particularly where your opponent is not also wielding a sword. It gives a bit more point control in exchange for a loss of power. In the event that you want to use such a grip against someone else who does have a sword, there are historical examples of broadswords with a ring designed to protect the finger, and many basket-hilt fencing blades are designed such that you can wrap your finger around the crossguard but still be protected by the basket. I have a replica of such a blade in my closet, in fact.

Anyway… I probably wouldn't have noticed the moon thing in Wolfenstein if this conversation hadn't been so fresh in my mind.

My wife recently pointed out that any given scene in CSI in which a technician is examining a car with a music montage, that that is the show's sex scene: strongly back-lit, close ups on the hands gliding across the surface, the music, intense facial expression. So that's evidently why they look at the car in the dark. As for the rest of the lab, I suspect that they spent their entire budget on fancy computers, so they didn't have anything left to replace the light bulbs as they blew one by one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast