Thread: Gimme a 256x256 grayscale height map image and I'll post back the result.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Blog Entries

Ok, I have the main terrain processed now. What I will do now is take a small square out of it and process it up some more.

Guhhh!?! Well, that's better than what I could do with bryce. Any chance of a mac port of geotersys?

Blog Entries

Got to get it going on Windows first. Every time I run it I find a new bug. They are getting less frequent and less important but its going to be in Beta for some time yet.

Then there is a UI issue as its all text based and command line. Its quite hard to run it right now. I had to write a script to generate that mountain run. I could use that same script to run a similar one tho so the idea is that the bit of ground next to this one gets processed in a similar fashion. I keep learning more about what is good and what is not as time goes on. I hope that I will be able to burn in some of the best techniques into something that I can make easy to use.

I could see myself producing a linux version and given that its all text based it ought to run easily in your virtual OS mode. It has numerous outputting/export formats so you can visualize the terrain in whatever app you wanted. The original idea was to have it as a plug in for some other terrain app that had the UI. So maybe it could run as a plug in for Bryce...who knows, its a bit early to say for sure.