Title: Fractal Mapper 8
    Vendor: NBOS Software
    Web Site: http://www.nbos.com/products/mapper/mapper.htm
    Type: Vector
    Focus: Fractal
    Platform: Windows
    Price: ????
    Description:
    Features a fast vector graphics engine optimized for fantasy map making. Objects can be individually selected and modified-rotation to any angle, resizing, reshaping, scaled lines, bitmap pattern fills, and variable levels of transparency. In addition, FM features a powerful zooming capability that lets you fill in small map details on continental or even planet-wide maps.
    Examples:
    Vendor Gallery
    This information is partly incorrect. FM8 is not a vector program but rather a dual vector/raster program. One can make great FM8 maps without using any vector graphics whatsoever. One also can combine both vector and raster graphics in FM8. All of the remaining information above is correct and applies equally to vector and raster mapping.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Fractal Mapper 8 is $34.95 DL or $39.95 CD. There is a sizeable discount available if you buy it bundled with The Keep.

This is really helpful for us newbies... Thanks for making the effort
    Osmium

Guild Novice

I want just inform that Xara Xtreme is free for Linux users. I found it more easy and stable than Inkscape.
    Last edited by liciobruno; 12-05-2013 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liciobruno View Post
    I want just inform that Xara Xtreme is free for Linux users. I found it more easy and stable than Inkscape.
    I use Xara Designer Pro 9 and it is Xara's current flagship product, though Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 9 can everything you need for maps and doesn't cost nearly as much (but not free.) I've used Xara Xtreme for years, but I recently upgraded to Pro 9, which is a 64 bit application. Great toolset and like you said, very stable software.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Title: Dungeon Crafter 3

This one now links to a wave of spam. I had to use task manager to kill my browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    Title: Dungeon Crafter 3

This one now links to a wave of spam. I had to use task manager to kill my browser.

*boggle* Just checked it. Works fine for me.

Hmmm. Maybe make this the suggestion/nomination thread, and create a FAQ outside the message board? Then you could keep this thread sticky and have a link to the FAQ in the first post.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

I did not see one for Inkscape, I saw the software mentioned in several posts and came here to see if there was a software link.... and there wasn't ... but you can find it at http://www.inkscape.org/index.php?lang=en unless of course.. it is up there and i'm a moron and can't see it

I don't have the stats on it, sorry I didn't put it in a format

Also, is this goign to just consist of mapping software alone.. or will you have a category for things like useful tools that help mappers... like the name generator EBoN and things like that?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast