Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EL-Hazard reborn

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Nice seeing the Clans of Rokugan, not in Rokugan. I've been looking at an Oriental Adventures campaign. I've got L5R as well, but I've always hated Rokugan itself, geographically speaking.
    Me also, I find the setting too much like a stew: throw everything in it and it should still taste good.

I also decide that since nothing else in my world had a oriental like felling, I will put them into an island. And because of the culture style, I've decide to create only a small Island, much like the real Japan thing: too many people for the space, so killing is a legal way keep the population under control.

The creation of EL-Hazard:

El-Hazard begun in the mid 90 as a Birthright project, then the true version of El-Hazard came into being in 2001, when Margaret and Tracy left Dragonlance to create Sovereign Stone. Then around 2004 then drop SS to go back to Dragonlance letting us with only the draft of their new world, I've had to find something to finish it. So I decide to look into my personal stuff ,that comprise of about 90% of everything done by TSR up to 2000, and came up with the following setting for each country:

- Vinnengael: palladium rift, the medieval Timoro kingdom, populate with humans and dwarfs.
    - Tromek: L5R (oriental) with only a human population.
    - Tir Na Nog: Slain d20 (celtic) with humans and orcs.
    - Po'Gah: South ergoth from dragonlance 5th age, with only humans on it.
    - Nimra: Azcan (aztec) from D&D Mystara hollow world with gnolls and lizardman.
    - Midgard: nothing in particular (I still have to find an Ice setting) compose of only a human population.
    - Grak: D&D Mystara the Genghis Khan expansion.
    - Dunkarga: Darksun + Ravenloft, the Har'Akir domain, with only the humans in it.

Take care,
    Alu.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

Post New version

I’ve just made another version of my world map, because the last one didn't look so good once printed.

The changes: I decided to drop the blue ocean; change from RGB to cmyk & I stretch out the map itself.
    P.S.: Take note that the river should be dark blue, cause I forgot to turn off the lighten river layer.

I think it look better that way.

My problem now is about the texts of each country I'm not sure about the color or the style. I want to find an easy way to identify the different country and more so around the border line (which town goes with which country). Also, I'm not sure I want to put real borderline.

I would really welcome comments and ideas on this, since my players are waiting for their map.

Thanks,
    Alu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L-H white cmyk.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	3.27 MB 
ID:	2558   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L-H ul.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	4.77 MB 
ID:	2559   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L-H ur.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	4.76 MB 
ID:	2560   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L-H ll.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	4.17 MB 
ID:	2561   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L-H lr.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	3.86 MB 
ID:	2562  

Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

Hey, Alu: when I try to open your attachments, I get a message indicating they contain errors. Am I all alone on that?
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

For some reason, a cmyk pic doesn't work, so I put back the RGB version.
    I hope this one will be big enough to see the details.

Name:	L-H white.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	4.03 MB 
ID:	2568  

It has something to do with his software. It doesn't seem to follow the png standard correctly. If you save it to disk you should be able to view it, but firefox dislikes it.

-Rob A>

Quote Originally Posted by alucard339 View Post
    I’ve just made another version of my world map, because the last one didn't look so good once printed.

The changes: I decided to drop the blue ocean; change from RGB to cmyk & I stretch out the map itself.
    You cannot print RGB. Always convert to CMYK (certain printers DOES a good job printing from RGB due to more colors used when printing).

If the maps are to be printed you should either work in cmyk all the way or keep the colors "cmyk-safe". In PS you can easily see this as a warning triangle shows up on the color palette. You can also see this in the info palette. See images below.

(But as RGB have a better gamut you could keep the RGB if you are to use the maps on screen and on the internet.)

Name:	CMYK_warning.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	2624   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cmyk-warning2.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	2625  
    Last edited by Carnifex; 03-06-2008 at 05:51 PM.

Thanks for the info,

But I still need to find a better way to define each of my country, without having to resort to line drawing.

Alu.

And here's some examples of converting RGB to cmyk. I've tried to quick fix the last one a bit by lowering the saturation (didn't went too well actually but you get the point).

1st pic: original rgb, 2nd pic: converted to cmyk, 3rd pic: adjusted and then converted to cmyk.

(I've converted the "cmyk" images back to rgb here but they look the same in CMYK.)
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Carnifex; 03-06-2008 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard339 View Post
    Thanks for the info,

But I still need to find a better way to define each of my country, without having to resort to line drawing.

Alu.
    What's wrong with drawing a red line for national borders? You could also make a special "political" map and coloring the countries with different colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
    What's wrong with drawing a red line for national borders? You could also make a special "political" map and coloring the countries with different colors.
    I wanted to find another way to indicate political border else than red line.

I already have a political colored map, but the one below is for my game room: something in the size of 4' by 3' and laminated, so I must make sure I don't put it wrong...

I want to get easy readable texts and national border.

take care,
    Alu.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast