Thread: Parchment texture script for GIMP 2.6

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Parchment texture script for GIMP 2.6

I recently updated and revamped my old paper texture script into an ok parchment texture script, and thought you guys might have use for it.
    Example:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example.jpg 
Views:	776 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	36698

parchmenttexturebynaeddyr.scm.zip

The script uses the currently open image as input, duplicates, flattens and then starts working on it. There are several output layers and some layer masks (flattening is toggleable in the script), so it takes a while to finish the process, especially for bigger images. The default opacity settings of all the layers default to "err on the visible side", so lowering the opacity might be the most common task users should do after getting the output image. The other is playing with the image masks; the plasma layers are fun to play around with using Blur, then leveling, and the round blend mask of the edge grunge layer should be fixed if the image is not particularly square (or disable, if the image is large).

The script is basically a version of my general parchment/paper texture methods, except of course not as good because it's all mechanically random. The output isn't really that bad for a script, though, so, hope you enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    Moved as per request!

Thanks for the nice script. I grabbed it earlier when I saw it at the plugin registry.

-Rob A>
    I'm just happy if people find it useful If you come across any bugs, just let me know.

Thanks. I'm trying it out right now. I might end up sticking to the way I had come up with of making a parchment, but this'll probably end up looking better.

Ooh, this looks interesting, I'll have to try it out. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh