Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
This is really coming along quite nicely.
Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
Nice. Very nice. What steps did you use to change the style? I'm sure I could fiddle it out eventually, but if you wouldn't mind sharing. =) Something to do with a sketch filter and overlays?
Thank you ;-) There is no big secret behind the technique but I have to admit that I didn't record the steps in detail. At frist I changed the image to greyscale - then I took some filters such as cutout, colored pencil, graphic pen, underpainting and so on until the picture looked more like a drawing. The results were manually corrected with the clone stamp tool, a pencil with altered brush presets (e.g. scattering and dual brush) and the background eraser. I added a parchment texture as the bottom layer and changed the blending mode of the painting to pin light and a duplication above to screen

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
Had to laugh when I read the bit in the lower right... thought it would be another piece of backstory (you could go somewhere with that).
I hope you hadn't been able to decrypt the text though... It's actually an answer to another post somewhere in the forum which I wrote at the same time. But nevertheless the unreadability has something to do with the background story as the original builders of the Arcane Academy spoke another language. The red notes you can see were added by some anonymous guy some years before Robard purchased the folio. In the next WIP you will see that this guy analyzed the hidden meaning within the architecture. Robard uses this annotations which help him in understanding the purposes of the chambers... but the warnings he ignores ;-)

Working on the next WIP

>Moe