Thread: City of Tyris

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks D, I added a bit of shadow to it. As for the the pattern its the one I've attached. Well as for how I did it, I did Ascension's shore part of the Town Tutorial and just kind of spun it in my own way.

I've got 6 layers, starting from bottom to top of the stack

1 Base Layer with fill of 6dd0f7, Pattern overlay, Linear Light, 20 Opac, 50 Scale, Color overlay 6dcff6, Hardlight, 95 Opac
    2 Fill of 003663, having a large feather, and had it contracted in (with an ocean selection) to make the darker shallow area. 40 Opac
    3 Fill of 3e5778, Contracting even more then layer 2, and about the same feather (I think I contracted 100 for the first with 50 feather, then this one I did 200 or 300 contract with a 100 feather) this was to make the deeper ocean, set to Saturation
    4 Fill of 003663 and this is to fill the opposite end (shallow end) of the previous layer (layer 3) same contract and feather but inverted, 90 Opac, and set to Saturation
    5 Fill of 003663 with the same selection as layer 3 (I wanted a deeper blue for the deeper end)
    6 then I selected the original water base (with a feather ended at the shore) and filled with 50% gray, set to Saturation and 30 opacity

Thats all of it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Texture1.jpg 
Views:	882 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	37681  
    Last edited by Yandor; 08-10-2011 at 11:31 AM.
    Projects
    WIP :: Carian Round... Who knows...

Back Burner :: World Map

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!