Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Inkling...

I'm on it, Ravells. Expect results. I'm taking a foam pool bat with me.

Ascension: I ordered some nibs from Wacom and they took *forever* to get shipped. I later saw one of their guys at the Consumer Electronics show in Vegas and talked to him for a while. The subject came up and he said, "Hey, you should have just come over." I've been meaning to dig out his card and try to see if I can get a tour or something.

Unfortunately, in this case, I don't think me going over there would do any good...pool noodle or not.
    M

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Heh, funny Mearrin. Back in the 90s I lived down the road from a text-based video game company (simutronics) and whenever I had a problem I would drive over there and talk to them in person...they didn't really like that too much but they couldn't stop me either.
    Sweet fancy Moses, did you happen to work on Gemstone?! My childhood was wasted playing that MUD!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I came in on DragonRealms.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

The natives are getting restless on the Wacom boards. The current situation is that due to 'unforseen events' and 'overwhelming demand' stock has not yet been received. People have been pressing Wacom for a date, but they are not saying.

My advice is that if you are thinking of getting one, don't buy it yet. They will happily take your cash and then leave you in a massive queue behind all the orders they have not yet fulfilled.

Sigh.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Well, one guy has one already - and posted a very thorough review:

http://www.bergting.com/2011/10/waco...review-part-1/

Interesting to see how it did with the different challenges, and nice to hear what someone who actually paid for it thinks. Nice to see that the conclusion is that it's easily up to pro quality work.

Thanks Jon, the reviewer did a really good job. The highlight for me of the inkling is that it that (I hope) one will get vector lines. If you scan a vector line and auto-trace it, it translates as a closed shape. So here's hoping that the SVG output at least gives me a vector line rather than a closed shape (I suspect that you might lose line width).

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Thanks Jon, the reviewer did a really good job. The highlight for me of the inkling is that it that (I hope) one will get vector lines. If you scan a vector line and auto-trace it, it translates as a closed shape. So here's hoping that the SVG output at least gives me a vector line rather than a closed shape (I suspect that you might lose line width).
    Autotrace supports centerline tracing: http://autotrace.sourceforge.net/

(But you don;t get any path pressure/weight profiles.)

-Rob A>

Wow, that's really cool! When I said, 'autotrace' I was referring to the Drawplus feature called autotrace rather than a stand alone one. I've got to check this out....thanks RobA!

It's HERE!!! Just opening the box now!

Ahh that's sweet, as a gesture of apology for the late delivery they've included the Wacom master class tutorial videos 1-3.

Please let us know how it copes with maping
    Personally my hopes are that you can use it to draw a map on paper ( when you dont have access to a computer) and then import it at home to do the colours. If that works I will get one to bring with me wherever I go.
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast