Thread: *** MARCH CHALLENGE: Not Your Father's Random Dungeon ***

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Firstly, if you want to know how its done just display the source and play. I just write it in wordpad - no special app required. You would need to copy all the thumbnail images and put them in the same directory as I have used relative pathnames for them.

I was thinking about (perhaps !) doing a little Perl script which could scrape a section off of a fixed post and build the page automatically so that any admin could then edit the post and it would update the page. I'm not sure if I would have the time to try that but it sounds doable. I have done something similar in a previous incarnation so that a wiki page had a text based data on stuff and the CGI Perl draw a map based on the stuff so wiki edits made the map. If this site could support custom perl CGI scripts then that would be fine or else I'll host it like the current one.

Post Just a word of Encouragement

I just wanted to apologize for my disappearance and wish all the competitors well. Real life has kept me from a computer for most of the last couple of weeks.

The entries look good and it is interesting to see all of them using the same room layout.

Good luck to each of you.

Sigurd

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    I just wanted to apologize for my disappearance and wish all the competitors well. Real life has kept me from a computer for most of the last couple of weeks.

The entries look good and it is interesting to see all of them using the same room layout.

Good luck to each of you.

Sigurd
    I was concerned that I had frightened you away after my "rule judgment". Hope you find the time to get some mapping done Maybe next month's contest!

-Rob A>