Quote Originally Posted by pyrandon View Post
Hey--nice job! I have no idea why you thought you could possibly be "out of line"--you have used the Guild exactly as this forum is intended!

I think you have done some nice things here: this is a clear map, very moody (mainly because of the black rock fill). The way I see this map is that it is really a schematic of these dungeons/sewers with a bit of fancy touches added in coloring and texture. Clear and straightforward, so I can think of no major suggestions.

If you wanted to tweak & play just for the heck of it, I say 1) adjust your grid so it's not so sharp; for example, put the grid layer in color burn or multiply blending mode & turn down the opacity a bit. 2) You could also add some glow to your torches, and darken the rest a bit more. 3) I also think A5's items clash when compared to other placed items (as in c4) because they are symbolic vs. literal top-down views (or visa versa).

Nice first post!!
I might drag it back out and play with it some more some time, but it'll probably be after I'm finished using it in the game. I've actually got another layer on top of that one depicting the section of the city above, so that'll b something else to look at.

I do appreciate your feedback, it is most insightful.