Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Improved Member Map

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

... did i *really* put my actual street address in there or something? This thing nailed me right to my front lawn

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I no problem with showing where I live, a search on google would show that anyways ... but people that don't want that would probably not enter their address anyway. I like the google map best, it supports my swipe-pad on the MacBook, the openstreetmap f*cks that up
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Blog Entries

My map and Robs just the use data that was given in the web form page. There is no scraping of user location data from such things as IP addresses or whatever. There is no compulsion to enter a correct or accurate location coord in the box. All I ask for when requesting members to fill it out is some general idea of where they are so that we can highlight some conventions, astronomical phenomena like eclipses, the New York art show featuring this guilds work etc as well as sometimes to request piccies of local places of real interest. Its also good to know when people speak a native non english so we can cut down on the LOLs, AFAIK, IANAL, and local slangs. But if we got your front lawn then its because you told us it. And with this months lite challenge you can now map that out to mm accuracy

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

lol

I wasn't complaining, sorry if I came across that way. I typically don't give out my address, but i recall thinking at the time that I'd done a KMZ (?) file for google earth with a 3d model of my house (including garage, deck and pool!) and put it up (sketchup thread i think).. so anyone who really wanted to find me would be able to anyhow

I just forgot I'd done that till I thought about it, and was being surprised at the accuracy.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotemax View Post
    lol
    I just forgot I'd done that till I thought about it, and was being surprised at the accuracy.
    oops - the data was supposed to be fuzzed by a 10th of a degree random function (6 miles at the equator, less as you head to the poles)...but that was disabled.. now it isn't. disabled, that is. I mean, it is being fuzzed now ...

-Rob A>

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    oops - the data was supposed to be fuzzed by a 10th of a degree random function (6 miles at the equator, less as you head to the poles)...but that was disabled.. now it isn't. disabled, that is. I mean, it is being fuzzed now ...

-Rob A>
    Scale the jitter in the longitude by 1/cos(lat). That'll make east west and north south jitter equal for all latitudes, or at least pretty close as it treats the Earth as a perfect sphere.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123