Thread: Would someone like to map this city?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

I've a question...with the bridge being 70' wide... and the thruway being roughly 20' wide... that doesn't leave much in the way for buildings on the outside... just a suggestion, but from your description, I picture something massive and old... and the 70' wide just didn't do it for me... I'm picturing something around double that... 120' - 150' in that general area... especially if the massive center column houses a tower, i'm guessing that it probably supports alot of the weight of the bridge, so the support strut itself would probably be fairly large... jutting out somewhat past the edges of the bridge that it supports... possibly adding to the area on which the city builds itself... not too massive, 30' on each edge.... (I picture something square, but this of course is all in the eye of the beholder...)

I made a very rough sketch on my handy dandy 6x4 scratch pad... mind you i'm no artist by any means... just to get an idea of what I'd be looking at.

BTW... very nice overland atlas map... I like that very much... perhaps one day when I can call myself a professional mapper will I be able to match that kind of work...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan0001.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	399.9 KB 
ID:	2638  
    Last edited by Badger; 03-07-2008 at 04:20 AM. Reason: added jpg