Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beginners Map

Jegol: The lightening you did works well; I'd go just an inch or two further with it.

As for adding the buildings, I would suggest creating a custom brush exactly in the method described in the first post of my mosaic tile map tutorial except let the size jitter a bit more and lower the angle jitter. This will produce the same effect in PS that Redrobes describes was in RobA's Gimp tutorial. Don't forget that you can always select a bunch of buildings you already have, use the Move tool with the alt button down, and a copy will be made for you. (You can also ctrl-T to transform it, flip it, change the size, etc.) I think it will not take long to add more buildings at all.

Looking good, though! Make sure to post the next edit!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Wip

Thanks for all the input.

I've worked on it a little bit more, I increased brightness but also contrast. The trees were redone and I'm not sure If I like them much anymore. Increased shadows and added (very) few extra buildings just outside the gates by Copy and Paste. The brush did not work very well as the buildings no matter what looked different than the rest..

Stumped in deciding if theirs more to add or if its done
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	city1sc.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	530.4 KB 
ID:	2731  

If you're like me, Jegol, you could play and play and play and play and play and play and play...but eventually it has to stop! I don't see any glaring issues in the map. I would perhaps place more houses, increase the shadows on them so the look a bit taller, add shadows to the walls, and maybe add more grass/vegetation colors--but these are all just for the compulsive fiddler! Your map is nice and looks wonderful. Good job.
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

I think this has turned out very nicely, and I'm psyched to give the tute a whirl myself. I am still finding the whole thing a little on the dark side, and I agree that there maybe ought to be more houses--especially up closer to the keep. Love the way the road zig-zags up the hill to the keep itself, and I like the way you've improved the trees. Nice stuff!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12