Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Thinking Big about Guild maps

I'll leave it with RAVs.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Ok so, since I've been gone for a while, I jump back into this thread and alot of stuff has happened!

So I have a couple of questions now that i grabbed a plot of land.

Do we have a standardized format for the map we need to make?

Standardized Size? pixles/inch? Or are we just winging it?

Also, I assume we are going off of the quick regional layout that was posted in the land grab forum, so i have the plauge lands. I'm i pretty much free to do WHATEVER I want in that region?

And are when doing "vannila" fantasy game setting?

Anyother info you guys have so i can start would help immensely!

-Rob
    The pen is truly mightier then the sword, for with one quick stroke, a pen can kill your drawing; but the sword takes a couple hits before you drop it into negitive HP.

Since the region that I choose seems to be the "heart" of the plaugelands... Should I assume that the plauge started there?

Backstory:
    The lands now know as the Plaugelands, were once a rich forested region known as Galisfyr. Though, the hilly region was not know for having rich soil, and excellent crops, it was widly renonwed for its endless forests and abundent wildlife. What the Galisfyrians could not produce themselves, they sold the many furs of the animals hunted in the forests to trade for. The many pelts of the rare creatures the forests held garnered a huge amount of wealth and the eyes of many extreme hunters. Over 100 years of constant growth caused not only for the animal population to slowly dwindle, but for the forests to be cut down at an equal rate.

And that when it happened. Something apparently didn't take too kindly to the destruction of the forests and the animals that lived therin. At first, it was not obvious the plauge was on them, the first signs only showed that the animals were more rabid, and the forests a tad bit darker. Soon the inhabitants of the fringe communities started becoming sick. the strange sickness seemed to cause there innards to rot, and in the final stages, the skin to turn black and peeled away...

The King of Galisfyr tried to contain the plauge, burning all the communities infected and banning the intusion of the forests. But it was all in vain, for the plauge had already spread to the major cities. There seemed to be no cure, and no means of magical healing helped those infected. It was as if some unholy curse had be broughten down to all of the people who lived in the region.

The surrounding realms blockaded the region and allowed no one to enter or leave... the Galisfyrians all died trapped in there once paradise of a home. The region, now desolate, holds no civalized life. The remaining animals seem to have been twisted by the vial plauge and now attack the surrounding regions, spreading the plauge ever further.

and thats what I got so far.

Any additions, comments, deletions, or anything else anyone would like to note?
    Last edited by Kagehito; 04-02-2008 at 12:41 AM.
    The pen is truly mightier then the sword, for with one quick stroke, a pen can kill your drawing; but the sword takes a couple hits before you drop it into negitive HP.

*kills double post*

Well, I don;t really think there is a plague lands other than it was the musings of one of the members, but that said, it does sound cool so I say GO FOR IT!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

indeed, I was mostly just throwing out some ideas to get the ball rolling, but if you want to work with it, then let it roll baby roll.

But isn't that what this whole project is about? One member throws something out there that really intrigues another, who builds off of it, changes it to suit him or her, and then maps away. Others then feed off of it and the entire project grows into something that no one would have predicted at the beginning.

I say, way to go, Kagehito!

I guess then, NK, that "the musings of one of the members" is all that is necessary for it to be so.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Thats brilliant. Even at that size id like it. Remember that its RAW so theres no compression yet. Zip it and it should dramatically drop. If thats 4Kx4K then that would be exactly 64Mb file. No rush BTW - I wont be able to look at this much until Thurs now anyway.

Perfect.

I can now think about some real terrain voodoo...
    Sorry Redrobes...bit of a problem, even zipped the file is 51mb. The only place where I can upload that is on my server's webspace but it keeps timing out. You live in the UK right? Why don't you pm me your home address and I'll burn it to cd and post it to you?

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast