Thread: Lost Shrine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi Kaegehite, Nice first post.

Looks like you have a good eye for shading there. Where is the clipart from?

I think Don got it right, consistency of style is what takes a map up to a new level...

-Rob A>

Clip art? If you are talking about the trees, its actually image shot from above a patch of trees if i'm not mistaken.

I erased the stuff around it then used a bunch of copy paste to splat it around everywhere.

Then i used a picture of grass, a picture of a stone wall, and a picture of a pile of dirt for the textures of the ground.

After that I Made all the other things i think in Vector lines, and added them to my symbols so i can use them all the time.

For the shading I used the freeform selector, and drew the areas to shade, and hit it with the burn tool to darken it up.

That way it only effected the areas i had selected.

Sorry! I was thinking that the vector art was from the dundjinni forums or from CSUAC.

(Mainly because the style was different from the background textures - i.e. realistic vs diagrammatic).

If you are willing, you could post some of the objects in the Mapping Elements forum

-Rob A>

Actually, I would love to do that! Give what I made back to the community!

Thanks for letting me know!
    The pen is truly mightier then the sword, for with one quick stroke, a pen can kill your drawing; but the sword takes a couple hits before you drop it into negitive HP.