Hey everyone. I found this guild while looking for examples of original maps because I am hoping to one day write a novel or two. I have a feeling that I will likely be asking for help with making a map in the future, because I suck at this type of thing, but I wanted to browse the forums because cartography is something I've always had an interest in. There is this cross-stitching kit that is for a huge ancient looking map, and I really want it because it is so pretty!! But it's like... $100 for the kit.

Anyways, that was random. My name is Tynesha -- I go by May online because it is easier than trying to get people to call me Tynesha. Stupid parents giving me a complicated name... I am from Canada, eh! I am turning 25 soon. I like reading, cross stitching, and many other useless things. I love when the books I am reading have those maps in the front -- I probably spend the same amount of time looking at the map as I do reading the book. I really want to be a writer some day... but for now, I am in school for nursing (last year, yay!). At least I will have a pretty cool job when I am done, and I'll have more time to try and become a writer. In the mean time, I am plotting and outlining, and all that jazz, for the plot in my head right now. If anyone has heard of NaNoWriMo, I can tell you that I have failed every year since 2005 because I don't have time to write. November? Really?? Why would they do NaNoWriMo in the middle of a school semester? And the busiest month at that!

Anyways, this is my story, pretty boring. I hope that, even thought I am not actually a cartographer, you will allow me to hang out here. I have already started looking at the maps posted and holy carp (yes, the fish), you guys are amaze-balls. Look forward to becoming a lurker in your community

Sincerely, the self appointed ruler of the world (or at least the fantasy one I am creating),
~May