I played PBP for a number of years, while its fun and entertaining I found it to be incredibly slow... and for those who have never played a PBP game... when I say slow, I don't mean slow... I mean ..... S - L - O - W ....but I enjoyed running PBP games immensly ... it turns out however, that I am a really bad PBP GM/Player as my RL usually interfere's and it could take me weeks sometimes before I could get something posted....

I've been a GM for over 20 years... and I've found that visuals do improve a game... especially if its something you can give the players to hold ... a map or a visual aid of some sort.. it gets them involved... and I never really used sound to help in gaming, but when I would run some of the Horror RPG's like CoC or Ravenloft... I would produce my own sound effects while standing up and walking around the table as I GM'd ... it was incredibly effective, especially if you use it to scare a player... with today's software and ever advancing gadgets like Ipods and the like... these are now even more interesting ways to improve a game...

oh, and the fox idea... great stuff... I wonder if it will work in my TT game when I throw this dead racoon I found on the road onto the middle of the table... think it will work??... lol