Quote Originally Posted by The Cartographist View Post
Hapimeses - Welcome to the Guild. (This is where I usually offer encouraging words and tell people how great the Guild is, but frankly, I don't think that you need any encouraging words.)

Most of the inhabitants here are amateurs, although we do have a few professionals hanging around. Encouragement for our lesser cartographers and constructive criticism for all is the order of the day.

I'm sure that most people who post in this thread are going to gush about your work (I'm really trying my best not to), so get ready. I will say, in all honesty, that I think that your Erengrad map is the best fantasy city map that I've ever seen, hands-down.

I'll make a request that I think most people would agree with. If you are willing, a tutorial (or several) on how your make your maps would be greatly appreciated.
Wow. High praise indeed. I'm honoured that you'd think that. The Erengrad map is a favourite of mine, but I really wish I'd been given more time to complete it (and to complete the other maps in the commission); I'm sure there is better maps in me yet.

As for the general tone and direction of the discussion board, I'd pretty much gathered as much from a quick tour of the place, but thanks for making it nice and clear. I'll endeavour to be on my best behaviour.

As for a tutorial or two? Really, I wouldn't know where to start. If I have the time, and anyone has anything they want to know, I'm sure I could rustle up something. That said, I'm not sure what people would want.

Anyone have any suggestions?