Hello!

I am so very, very new. I've sketched out rough and rather terrible maps by hand before, but I've been writing a series of novels that I intend to get published some day and I think I've held the map in my head (with rough doodles in notebooks) for much too long. Especially since the world keeps expanding past one continent.

So here I am, introducing myself, while I dig through tutorials and try to find what method would work best for me. I'm really looking for a hand-drawn, antique-map feel... but something that would translate well to being printed for a novel. So I don't need fancy colors, the look of creases, etc... Tall-order, I guess, but from what I've seen around here I think I might be able to find my way to figuring something out.

Beyond trying to learn to be a better cartographer and working on my novel, I also enjoy gaming (TT, video, board...), music (listening mostly, though I do try to learn various instruments from time to time), and being creative... which mostly means crochet and embroidery, but I also dabble in jewelry-making and whatever else may strike my fancy at any given time.