Long time lurker, few time poster.

I am drawing a map of my world and there are a few areas which I am not quite sure how to draw to show them how I want. Here is my world map, roughly done:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map.jpg 
Views:	2255 
Size:	2.33 MB 
ID:	40290

I have colored some areas to possibly help in the close ups (White and Green are land and Blue is the Sea). The first one is the North Eastern portion of the map. This area is inspired by Finland, Norway and Sweden and like those I want to have lakes galore in this area but every time I draw them they come out sort weird looking.

Name:	Eastern Laked Map.jpg 
Views:	506 
Size:	125.9 KB 
ID:	40291

This portion is the Shattered Archipelago on the Western side of the map, it was created during a titanic battle between the forces of two super powered forces. The 'islands' are actually mountains that were tall enough to survive sinking of the mountain range that use to be. This area like the lakes I wanted to make look strange to me, the islands come out more as blobs then actual islands they are to be.

Name:	Westerrn Islands.jpg 
Views:	395 
Size:	282.2 KB 
ID:	40292

This portion is the Falls' Channel, it was created when the Angels cut away the Chaos Lands to the west from the Mainland and moved it so its corruption would not spread outward. I wanted the two sides of the lands to show a smoother edge as a visual clue that this is not remotely a natural channel.

Name:	Western God Cut.png 
Views:	426 
Size:	498.7 KB 
ID:	40293

My problem with all three areas, to me even roughly drawn, don't look right and I don't know how to correct them so they look correct to me. Anyone have any tips and/or ideas on how I can fix this and improve the map?