Hey all,

I'm dhokarena56, and I'm probably going to be here on a rather infrequent basis, but I thought I'd say hi. I'm a conworlder, and I'm also on the ZBB.

I do have one map question.

Currently, as I have no tablet, I'm making maps by hand. I have a pretty good idea of what I want my world to look like- that's not the problem.
I recalled somebody else on the ZBB saying they were crap at drawing realistic maps, and so, to make good-looking maps, they would go to the library, find the stock of world maps, and then find ones that zoomed in on a particular region; then they'd trace little bits and pieces of coastline, splicing them together, so that it looked realistic. I'm trying to do the same thing. I've got a large stock of tracing paper, and it's all 9" by 12". So, here's what I'm trying to find: I need a good-looking, fairly accurate rectangular map projection for a very large world map that I can splice into 9" by 12" pieces, excepting everything north and south of maybe 75 degrees- there aren't any polar landmasses. What sort of map projection would be good? Plate carrée would be easiest, but I could go for Miller...