Thread: Fort Flavian

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This is looking great.

I love the docks and the walls. I agree that the blur on the river is a bit odd. I also really like the worn path look. I'd probably widen the section between the main path and the dock path a touch though.

Ok so I need some input before i can continue this map.

-3d effects.
    I need to create some form of 3d effect, most likely a shadow, to show the walls of the towers and buildings as actually being tall. How should I go about doing that?

-Water.
    ok so i've been struggling with the water... I can't get it to do what i want it to do. I need help!

-other stuff.
    Any suggestions to make it more polished is very welcomed!

Thanks for all your help so far guys!
    The pen is truly mightier then the sword, for with one quick stroke, a pen can kill your drawing; but the sword takes a couple hits before you drop it into negitive HP.

The answer to some of those questions depends on how you have been making the map...is it all flat, like a painting, or is it on layers? (And what is the program you are using again? I thought you posted that but seemed to not see it in the thread, now...)

-Rob A>

It would also be helpful to know exactly what it is you want from the water and how you arrived at what you currently have.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Ok answer time...

No, everything is in layers. I'm a freak when it comes to organizing my layers... So I have alot of leway in what I can do to change what I have already done.

And for the program I'm using, Fireworks.

and as far as the water is concerned... Theres a bottom layer base with a solid color and a half opacity texture on top. On top of that, is a highlight section, with a couple of effects thrown in.

What I want out of the water is a nice ripple effect that shows the water is running downstream. If I removed the top layer and took away the texture i'd be left with a solid light blue color, so thats a good starting point to go after then I'd assume.

Do those answers help your ability to help me? O_o
    The pen is truly mightier then the sword, for with one quick stroke, a pen can kill your drawing; but the sword takes a couple hits before you drop it into negitive HP.