Thread: Your Job...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow, a lot of military or military related folks in here...me too.

I'm former Air Force...now I work as a systems engineer for Lockheed Martin contracted to the navy to maintain, run, and develop airplanes for Navy flight simulators...Our current biggest project is Dynamic Hypoxia Training, which is where we get pilots hypoxic while they fly their aircraft in the simulator as opposed to sitting in a low pressure chamber. Its much more realistic.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Cool stuff...Robbie-

That reminds me of a positive pressure breathing experiment I participated in back in university. We put on pressure pants, got pumped full of radioactive isotopes, and had to sit in front of an array of scintillation detectors while going through cycles of positive pressure air (effort to breathe out and relax to inhale) and normal pressure air.

Thinking back it is amazing what we were willing to go through for the price of a few cases of beer

-Rob A>

You’re making me feel nostalgic here – having been the victim of tests like that for years, but it was the prize you had to pay for flying fast-movers!

But I left active service 5 years ago to pursue another goal in life – but that is another story

I was a bit brief before so here are some more about me.
    I’m 43 tomorrow and my gf and I have just bought a house in the countryside 180km south west of Stockholm and are in the middle of moving in.

When it comes to gaming it’s tough to find players around here, so I haven’t had the chance to sit down at a gaming table for over a year. I have played mostly D&D and some Traveller in the 80s – still have large collection of old Traveller books collecting dust somewhere.

Was also part owner of a small gaming shop for a couple of years but got out of that before the Internet era.

Back in the early 80s I had a shot at becoming one of the founders of a Swedish RPG company – but I thought that their prototype was not as good as basic D&D, so I told them to cancel the project. The company has been thriving for over 2 decades and is still in business so I missed a career opportunity

//Anna

Well.. I graduated from college a few years back and now I work in a public library. Not glamorous but it pays the bills. On the side I do various commission work, and art/graphic design for the independent RPG publisher, Apophis Consortium.

Me working the Apophis booth at GenCon Indy last year, wearing the gray jacket, center.

I spend most of my free time drawing, writing, or working on the computer. The rest I spend GMing RPGs such as Obsidian: Shadow Nations, Victorian Age Vampire, and most recently Dark Heresy.

In addition these fine hobbies I enjoy playing rock band, drinking rum & coke, and watching bad Japanese horror flicks.
    Adam Watts