OK, My life's history:

I just turned 41 (on March 5th), and have been gaming since 1979 with D&D. I created my very first world then and while it was beautiful (if I do say so myself), it was entirely forest. No deserts, no plains, just forest.

Later around 1982 or so, I started work on my current campaign World, the World of Auren. It was extremely large, and I pared it down to it's current size around 1985. 1985 was also the year I graduated High School and I then went on to University for a degree in Archaeology. At this point my carefree mapping took a back seat as I tried to devote my energies to University.

Sadly that was not to be as I goofed off a little too much (first time out on my own etc) and I was forced to go on acedemic probation/withdrawl in my second year. I was supposed to take a year off and get my life in order (according to the university) and then I could apply to come back.

During that year off, I took a 'summer job' with the Monopoly Phone company in British Columbia Canada: BC TEL. It turned into a career.

I worked there as telephone operator for 7 years (You Know, Dial 0 or 411 for Help/Directory). During that period I did a lot of mapping while working as otherwise it was BORE-ING with a capital B! Also got married, had a little girl, and got divorced.

In 1994 I then transfered within the company to the education department (more money, more freedom, less stress). Worked, did more gaming, met my current wife.

Then in 1998 I transfered again (slowly working my way up in the company) to a department called Circuit Releases. This department was responsible for dealing with business customers for taking their phone/data services offline so we (the phone company) could do work/maintenance/upgrades to the network.

Then, in 1999 I got Married to my wife in Seoul South Korea in January and had our first son, Seth, in December of that same year. Around this time BC Tel Merged/was taken over by Alberta's Phone Company: TELUS.

In 2001 I transfered to my current job, a Network Technician responsible for testing and maintaining the T1/Frame Relay network of our Phone company across all of Canada. In 2004 we had our second son: Darnell

I have for the last two and half years now worked exclusively the Graveyard Shift as it is the quietest, and affords me a lot of time to do...mapping!

It also allows me time to partake in my second hobby, Playing D&D Miniatures: A head-to-head competetive version of D&D: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/minis