Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
I use a variety and some custom stuff thats not even public and I have been watching the tutorials of the members showing me stuff that occasionally I would find hard with any of my apps. Some features are specific to just one app and some of them are not free. I don't have the magic bullet answer but you have to be realistic and appreciate that that is the reality of it.

Your welcome to my source files too though I doubt they would be much use. I use some odd stuff. I have never spent more than a few minutes on Photoshop, Dundjini, or Gimp and haven't used DungeonForge or Xara, Sketchup, Bryce, Fractal Terrains, CC3 etc.

I'm pretty sure most people here would share source tho.
Oh dear, we cross posted again. Thanks for the offer. All we really need to know to decide if we can adapt a map is the program that was used and the fact that the source files would be made available (including the file structure in the case of DJ). I do appreciate that a lot of maps are produced in a combination of programs and that this can limit how easy they are for other people to edit; quite understandable as I do it myself.

I too have used a very large number of programs. Dungeon Crafter (1 and 2 and 3); DungeonForge; MapX; Dundjinni; AutoREALM. And I've had a little try of CC2 and Fractal Mapper and a number of programs I quickly forgot. As you say we tend to use some more than others and I mostly use DungeonForge and MapX out of these now.

I also use Photoshop, the GIMP, Photobie, PSP and a variety of the Corel programs, Paint.net, Inkscape, PhotoFiltre and I will pretty much try anything I can get my hands on. I mostly used to use Photoshop out of these, but I am more eclectic now and probably much less expert at them all as a result. The one thing I haven't got into is the 3D programs, though I do appreciate the artwork produced by those who have.