Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rakateria WIP

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sapiento View Post
    Again just clean lines.

I think this is finished.

Any ideas or critiques?
    Well, if you want more coastline emphasis while sticking to the pen and ink look, you might try multiple outside lines. That's one of my favourite tricks, though making it work with the wavy pattern might be tricky.

Also a couple of minor things that point to the "computerness" of it: The coastlines look a bit too perfectly consistent compared to the symbols for the trees and mountains, some fluctuation in line width and offset would give it a more hand drawn look. The corner decorations are kind of obviously meant to be much smaller and look out of scale withe everything else. That said, about the only thing you could do to fix that would be to draw your own or try to find something that just happens to fit.

Another option to deal with the heavy looking decorations might be to replace the solid black with cross hatching - here is a quick and dirty representation (apologies for butchering your work):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eg.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	808.6 KB 
ID:	42149

-Rob A>

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Thank you, guys. I already posted the map in the 'Finished' section - should have waited a little bit longer. Good ideas, especially with coast lines, Hai-Etlik, and the cross hatching, Rob A!
    Maybe I'll edit the map again.
    Last edited by Sapiento; 02-10-2012 at 04:30 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123