Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Dark Meeting....

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip

The Promise of Fire was ready to depart. Merlan Seascar stood on the deck with both hands on the ships wheel. He would manuver the ship away from the dock and into the river where men in a small boat would drop an anchor down river from the Promise and other men aboard the ship would bend their backs to a capstan and pull the ship around to face the right direction. Merlan Seascar had been happy to save the coin on the horse team when it was decided that the method of turning the Promise wouldn't work. Seacars first officer was aboard the boat giving orders to the crew on where and how to drop the anchor. This was always Seascar's favorite part. The cargo was secured the ship was orderly and fit for passage and he had his hands on the wheel. The only thing he would enjoy more was counting the money the trip would bring...

Thanks to Bogie the Promise of Fire now has real windows. I also modified one of Bogies excellent doors by adding some of his "glass" to make a sort of "french door". I think I'm just about done with this. I "dandied" up the sleeping cabin as much as I could and all the little details are there. I will add a border next. As always feedback is requested and appreciated.

Object Credits:
    Books W/Bookends: Greytale Greytales Nook
    Doors: Bogie Dundjinni
    Tea Pot & Holder: Kepli Dundjinni

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seascars Cabin.jpg 
Views:	438 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	49789
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Looks good. Love the windows.

Blog Entries

Wip

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktannery View Post
    Looks good. Love the windows.
    Thanks and those windows are awesome. Thanks again Bogie !!

Here is the "completed" version with my standard black border and a little text blurb. As always feedback is requested and appreciated

Name:	Seascars Cabin Final.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	49806
    Last edited by jtougas; 11-11-2012 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Updated Image
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

You are welcome, it looks Wonderful!!

Blog Entries

Wip Crew Quarters/Cargo Hold

Calan Stonebridge climbed down the rough wooden ladder cautiously. He was still chained to the large man and the tall woman who had stopped crying but was now staring blankly ahead. The deck he stepped down upon was dark and gloomy. The only light source was the grates built into the ceiling. His guard shoved him roughly in the direction of the rear of the ship. He could see large stacks of crates and barrels filling the space. Along the walls suspended by long beams, were hammocks the sleeping quarters of the ships crew. As Calan stumbled forward he knew he wouldn't be spending the night in a hammock. It would be a rough cold deck and another long terrifying night....

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    You are welcome, it looks Wonderful!!
    Thanks Bogie !! I couldn't have done it without your help.

This is the next installment of the series. This map will depict the crew quarters/cargo hold of the Promise of Fire smuggling ship. I am going for a dark and gloomy feel to this. I also am firmly committed to making all of my own elements so there may be several "re-works" of this. As always feedback is requested and appreciated.

Name:	cargo hold crew quarters.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	49856

Finished Maps

Blog Entries

Wip

The captives were made to sit on the rough deck among the swaying hammocks and the creaking cargo. Calan was mildly surprised that they weren't locked in a cell of some sort. Not that he was complaining. He felt like he had spent the last year of his life either locked away or hiding in some tiny space. He looked around at his surroundings. There were crates stacked neatly reaching the ceiling of the deck. Calan was surprised at the order of it all. He wouldn't of thought the kind of man that would transport illegal cargo and worst yet, slaves would worry about neatness. There were barrels lining the back wall of the deck also neatly arranged and securely tied down with cargo nets. Calan realized that even evil sometimes had order....

I have created the hammocks and the crates in this update. The crates aren't really anything special but because they are underneath cargo nets I didn't put a lot of detail into them. Next up will be barrels and lighting. As always feedback is requested and appreciated.

Views:	157 
Size:	3.39 MB 
ID:	49859

Finished Maps

Really like it (particularly the nets)...the only broad suggestion I might make is to consider altering the size of the map. In other words, rather than have that large area of blue all around the ship, maybe zoom in a bit more, so that there is more ship and less blue. This way the detail of your layout and objects really shines through.
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anomiecoalition View Post
    Really like it (particularly the nets)...the only broad suggestion I might make is to consider altering the size of the map. In other words, rather than have that large area of blue all around the ship, maybe zoom in a bit more, so that there is more ship and less blue. This way the detail of your layout and objects really shines through.
    Thanks. I actually cropped quite a bit of the water off of the map but I uploaded the wrong image. I'm going to change that for the next update.

Finished Maps

Blog Entries

Wip

Merlan Seascar watched as his human cargo was led down the ladder into the special hold he had built on the lowest level of the ship. It was strong and well secured. It was also deep enough in the bowels of the ship to be nearly soundproof. Of course he knew that sound traveled very well in water and anyone banging at the hull might be heard by anyone close enough to the ship. This is why he had installed shackles. His captives couldn't bang on the hull if they couldn't use their hands or their feet....

I finished the barrels and started on the lighting. I'm not 100% sure it's what I was looking for. The idea is that the light is coming from the grates above. Maybe the light shouldn't be yellow but white instead. As always feedback is requested and appreciated.

Views:	151 
Size:	926.2 KB 
ID:	49860

Finished Maps

With the lighting, I get what you are doing but I don't think it's working. Its very yellow. Lighting like this is tricky and there are lots of possible approaches - one approach to simulate daylight might be:

1)The wood colour of your deck is very rich dark red. Experiment with the Hue/contrast/saturation sliders until it looks like very pale pine wood. Remember these exact settings.
    2) Make a new layer 'new from visible', and change the entire hue/saturation/contrast so the deck is lovely pale pine. Delete everything EXCEPT for a grid of squares in two places where you want your light to be.
    3) should look a little like my window on BIG CASTLE planks POST 75 (note - this isn't how I did it but your deck is so dark and rich I think you'll have to do it this way).

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast