Thread: Dark Meeting....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip

Calan Stonebridge had lived in the Common Ward area of Riverhewn long enough to know that things were done differently here. Like most of the streets in Riverhewn, The Common Ward streets were paved with a rough cobblestone. His mother had told him that the stones came from the banks and beds of the two rivers that cut the city into an island. They had been plentiful and cheap. Calan knew that in the few areas of the city not paved with these stones the mud and the dust could be almost unbearable. He also knew that the street repair was much better in the richer wards of the city. One learned quickly to watch their step on the broken and uneven stones. Whenever a section wore away (or was pried away) that the city felt was big enough to warrant attention they simply filled it with a thick mixture of dirt and water. This hardened into an uneven clump that was actually worse than the original hole. Calan had turned an ankle many times while rushing to and fro across the ward. The city watch for the most part was very present in this ward and Calan had never really (until recently) felt unsafe. The watchmen here generally lived in the ward and knew mostly everybody. They had always been nice to Calan and had often saved him from injury at the hands of older boys. The Common Ward was the most insular ward of the city. Most people knew each other and were very aware when strangers entered their midst. It was a bustling busy ,dirty, aromatic section of the city that many said kept the foundations of the kingdom from crumbling. Calan didn't know anything about that but he dearly hoped that he would return to his normal dull life when this adventure finally ended....

I thought you might enjoy a glimpse into the "Common Ward" as seen through Calan's eyes.

A small update: I started to add the "details" that I hope will bring this scene to life. Some weeds here some dirt here a few boxes etc... much more to come.

Object Credits:
    Sewer Grates: Greytale
    Market Stalls: Lancer X Dundjinni
    Crates: Greytale

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blackfire Cutwip.jpg 
Views:	498 
Size:	3.28 MB 
ID:	48502
    Last edited by jtougas; 09-27-2012 at 12:46 PM. Reason: added an object credit
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.