Calan Stonebridge had never been on a large boat before. Although he was uncomfortable and still very scared he found himself fascinated by his surroundings. It was dark and cold but it seemed as if the ship around him was a living breathing thing. It's hull creaked and moaned and rose and fell as it moved over the water. Cracks of light shone through into the holding cell bringing an occasional gust of fresh cold air. Calan Stonebridge knew he was headed for a fate of unknown horror but just for this moment he was enjoying himself....

Thanks for the tip Jacktannery. I had a "happy" accident while applying your suggestion. It is no secret that I like "dark and gloomy" I also like textures and contrast. During the saturation and hue adjustment pass I landed on this. It's not exactly what you had laid out for me but I have to admit I LOVE it. It's rough and dark and there is the splash of light that contrasts the darkness. I probably would have not found this without your help. Thanks SO much.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cargo hold crew quarters.jpg 
Views:	480 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	49907