Thread: [Region 1][Map 12] Beastlands

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks, Torq! I'll try to recreate it. The problem is that I spend ages just fiddling and going back a few steps and fiddling again so it's hard to remember how I got to where I did....but I'll give it a go and will try to retrace the steps.

Weren't you paying attention? Imperialist Centaurs.

Sorry Torq, I've tried for half an hour to try and re-create how I did it, but I can't find the brush I used . This is going to be fun as there is now no way I'll be able to edit the forests by painting more in.

The basic process involved using (the uknown) brush which painted a spattery type of green / brown pattern on it's own layer (using colour dynamics and scattering). Then I duplicated the layer and applied a grain filter (using photoshop CS2) to the underlying level which I then bevelled and embossed. I used 'multiply' layer style for the top layer.

I'll keep fiddling to see if I can find the brush I used.

I've named my bits, and I hope that my roads join up with yours, Torq. Also, I hope I've carved out the right square, Redrobes, I used yours as a guide, but to go back would be a lot of work....please make it fit!

### LATEST WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	final1.png 
Views:	158 
Size:	2.88 MB 
ID:	3117  

Blog Entries

Really like it and it fits alright - had to skim just a small amount off on the right to join with Torqs'

Heres a link to the big overall so far.

Ravs I think the map looks fantastic. Look and feel is excellent, sort of mixture of pulp with informative and great colours. Would you be prepared to extend my roadway from the village of Olag Moyl on my map to a small settlement (nominally Groamish) on the shores of Lake Festus on yours. If you could I would be greatful, but if you cant just let me know and I will amend my map accordingly.

Also I have a road heading into the wilds South of Lake Festus. I assume that it links up with your Coastal road that follows the South bank of the lake.

Are Far Point and Fort Lost human settlements and do they have contact with Arkender, my capital?

Torq
    Last edited by Torq; 04-16-2008 at 01:53 AM.
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld