Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Madness at Gardmore Abbey Encounter Maps

Thanks Bogie - On that note I think I'll leave it there ; this thread is now finished!

Professional Artist Cunning Cartographer's Avatar

*thumbs up*

Apologies for necro-posting, but does anyone have a sense of the height of the hill the abbey sits on? I'm trying to work up a version in Sketchup but I'm not finding this bit of information.

Aershae, I'm not sure what the answer is to that, however I made this image http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/...dmoreAbbey.jpg to give the PCs an idea. Also if you are using my maps make sure you are using the finished versions - see link in post 1 of this thread.

Guild Novice

Would love a walk-through with how you built these in GIMP. Let me know if you have some time to do this.

Icestorn008 - sure I'll let you know when I get a chance; I will be happy to do this. In the meantime you might familiarise yourself with GIMP and read through jpfrazier's tutorial on layer maps, especially the part where he creates a river (find that in the tutorial section of this forum).

Quote Originally Posted by Icestorm008 View Post
    Would love a walk-through with how you built these in GIMP. Let me know if you have some time to do this.
    I have time this weekend and next week if you want to do this Icestorn008.

Went through this thread and there are some great pieces in here! Jack, I was wondering if you could give a brief overview of how you do the lighting and shadows in your maps. I have gotten pretty good with textures and color but I still havent figured out how people do some of the lighting and shading tricks that really separate the great maps from the good ones.

Sure Sarcasm. I use a variety of techniques. Lately I am using a very bleached-out lighting style you can see here http://www.cartographersguild.com/vi...warehouse.html, which is different from the Gardmore lighting.

Guild Journeyer

Jack, i had some time to plug away at GIMP; actually making a bit of head way. If you end up doing a tutorial with icestorm sometime, i'd love to listen in on it. here is me playing around with my current skill set. of course there are some GLARING mistakes - but it's a start for sure. Kinda playing around with an ice cave idea. I have twitchtv set up to if you'd actually like to see what i am doing inside of GIMP - or more importantly, whatever i am NOT doing, for whenever you and icestorm link up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trial3.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	347.2 KB 
ID:	61721
    Last edited by Kennyt; 02-23-2014 at 12:57 PM.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast