Thread: April 2008 Entry: Islands in the endless streams

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well, I was mainly going to ask for opinions on the coastal style, whether the shading lines work or if maybe for a plain, battered map like this I should go for something simpler.

But looking at it today, after a night's sleep, I actually feel better about it than I did before, so I think I'll keep to this style.

Once I've got the last few island layouts sorted I'll then need to consider fonts, and then whether the map will bear a few landscape marks (hills, mountains etc - I promised a swamp and I'd also like to get in that desert of su-liam's!), and then finally whether to just touch it witha hint of colour. But TBH, all of that is the funstuff compared with polishing off the bleedin' poem. Back to the grindstone...

EDIT - just got back from work, and on my way out to see friends. Thought I'd post the result of last night's session - moved a few islands around, deleted some, added others. Put on most of the island names, still need to finish one small cluster and then all the mainland names. The test will be faded and blended to match the rest of the map once it's all finished....

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maptest2.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	253.6 KB 
ID:	3176  
    Last edited by SpamValiant; 04-18-2008 at 01:27 PM.