Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
I like it so far!

I think for battered and over folded paper its too complete. My suggestion is do the rest of your map and then 'tear' away some of the paper edges.

sigurd
I disagree. Well not completely. More wear and tear wouldn't hurt it, I just don't think it's necessary. A letter, lovingly crafted and folded into a pouch before being sealed and handed to a trusted messenger. The messenger promised not to break the seal and he is a man of his word. The letter isn't handled, so it doesn't lose pieces, but the vagaries of a hard sea voyage and months of secretive overland travel take their toll. Even sealed safely in it's pouch, the letter bears the marks of it's travels. Salty spray from innumerable vicious storms have drenched the paper. The sand and heat of a desert passage have dried and dusted its surface. Along with the courageous messenger it has slogged through the mud of swamps(and it has been moistened by the messenger's sweat as he lay in delirious fever). They have slept together in cold leaky haylofts, and run together from farmers bearing pitchforks and Royal Guardians bearing sabers. All to finally swim across a fecatory moat into the Princess' Palace to deliver his precious burden.