I wanted to clear a little air here while its on my mind. So far, all the Community Leaders have been nominated by myself and other Community Leaders, and every time we nominate one we make a big post about it here.

I want everyone to know that Community Leader status is definitely not any indication of special treatment or any extended benefit other than helping out with the direction of the community here at the guild.

These guys do not receive any paychecks from the Cartographers' Guild nor are they obligated in any way to help out any more than they wish. By promoting these guys I'm merely giving them the permissions forum-wise to do the things that help the community stay forward-motion.

It is not an exclusive group by any means, and I personally ask each CL before promoting them if they want the title and additional "responsibility".

I'm making this post because even though I haven't sensed any ill-will, these New Community Leader welcome messages have been getting very little non-CL interest, so I wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the choices for promotion. If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask.