I've drawn out a finished outline for the cliff edge around the camp and sketched in the location of all the buildings, tents, ship and so on. The next step is to ink these in properly, do the trees and then start on the colour wash. I decided to move the layout around a little to allow for three different points of entry to the camp to make the encounter less linear.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cove2.png 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	3201

The story behind this is that the pirates (south area) and the bandits (north area) share the same cove as a base but are only in an uneasy alliance. The pirate ship is holed up here in need of repairs and the two groups are getting fractious. In addition, a monster (I'm thinki and ankheg or two) has entered into the loot cave, meaning that neither the pirates or the bandits can get at the treasure. The players follow some tracks down the river to the northeast and arrive in the middle of this situation. They are definitely outnumbered by both the pirates and the bandits, but if they can play them off against each other they should stand a much better chance. If it sounds familiar, it is taken from the Mysteries of the Moonsea book set in the FR. I just decided their map was dreadful and didn't have half of the fun promised by a pirate cove.

Anyway, that's the latest WIP. I'll ink it later today.