Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
Torq, I love this map, especially the patchwork fields effect! That is my favorite thing about the map and I can't recall ever seeing any artist rendition of this effect that beats yours. If I had to complain about anything, it would be the buildings. While I love the effect you have on the buildings in general, I just don't think it meshes well with the background as well as your original version's buildings.

Oh, and I really like the sidebar way of showing points of interest. It's something you don't see much of and for this map, it just "works".

Joe
Thanks Joe. I cant really take credit for the fields effects. Thats just a texture that Ravells posted here once and I snagged as fast as possible. Its been my favourite ever since. I appreciate the kind words though.

The buildings are something I also have difficulty with. I like how they turned out but agree they dont quite match. I dont think the earlier versions did either and thats why I tried for a new look. I think its because the rest of the map strives to be more photorealistic than the buildings.

Torq