Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
I need a little input, please...

There's an island on the south-central portion of the map. It's not very big, but it's big enough that I just can't ignore, I think. I want to call it The Isle of the Forsaken and put a prison there. Does anyone know anything about prisons in a fantasy setting? Would this even be feasible?
Well there have been many islands used as prisons... every thing from the Island of Patmos that served as a prison in bible times all the way to mighty Alcatraz Island in modern times. But for what you are looking for you might look into something like the Château d'If here

Islands work so well as prisons so I don't think it will be to hard to come up with several ways to keep the criminal scum there. Two big steps to overcome when making a prison is (one) the type... or who it is for... political prisoners, max security mass murderers, or just those that can not pay their debits. And (two) who guards it... men, beast, elemental, undead or goblins and such....

Other name Ideas:
Lost Soul Island
Guard Light Island

I know none of this is direct help, but the power of creation really is in your hands and we can but through out ideas to give you stuff to think about and play with.

-Chris

P.S. I am working on some compass rose ideas but was wondering if you had a theme in mind or wanted something more generic and "normal"? It can reflect the culture of the "map makers from the world" or the main tribe of this area if you have something for me to go on.