Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Please, i need a 2 floor tower

Thanks Torstan.

Here's floor 2 Rossic - lI had to rearrange some of the internal walls but I think I kept to the plan. It's not great but it'll hopefully do.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tower 2 (next floor).jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	773.2 KB 
ID:	48620

Looks great, but shouldn't the shelf (just right of center on the top) be placed below the wall?
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Great job Jack!

It is a tall shelf, so even though it doesn't really go over the wall, I place objects that way sometimes to convey the sense of height.

Like this?

Name:	Tower 2 (next floor)2.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	776.6 KB 
ID:	48622

I prefer my first version but this is also possible.

EDIT: the main thing to fix up on the map is the northern staircase, which needs to be going down and I need to rework the shadows around it; otherwise I think its done.

yeah...its a personal preference (and obviously you gotta make what you like and your client likes) - just wasn't sure if it was an oversight. Having seen the two, the shelf below the wall makes it almost look like the room to the left is higher than the room with the shelf - so I would have to say that I also prefer the original.

In general, I'm not a huge fan of those types of shelves because the perspective is a little off from the other objects we use in these types of maps. I've tried to use them before and I always end up going with ones that are purely top down. I think this trend will only continue now that Bogie has reposted shelves (from the Dunjinni Forum) that are top down and allow for customization.

But...the MAP IS AMAZING...i'm very jealous and this is all just nit-picky stuff that doesn't in any way detract from what you have produced.
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Thanks ano. I like the slight angle on very tall furnishings, like the shelves, and you'll also notice that my southern staircase is slightly oblique. Each to their own I guess. Thanks for the critique though, I appreciate your opinion because it makes me rethink my map.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow is that nice. I have to make a tower for a upcoming "Calan Stonebridge" adventure and now I have some great inspiration !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

And here is the final version with the staircase fixed. Thanks jtouglas - glad I helped you. Several of the elements used in this map are the work of the fantastic Bogie of course.

Name:	Tower 2 (next floor).jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	771.4 KB 
ID:	48629

Guild Journeyer

wow...i mean...WOW!!!

awesome work, my friend! love the lights and the "feeling" of cold stone. this is so nice, thanks a lot!
    just the 3rd floor (with the smoke holes) and we are done

do you have a showcase (is that how its called of your work, so i can link it to the pdf?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast