Thanks for the tip on the stone texture guys (never really thought of that before - but it makes sense and should be a really easy swap).

The blurring for the tower was actually quite annoying - the problem that CC3 has is that if you use objects that are not part of their symbol sets (i.e. from Dunjinni or wherever) then you cannot use all the effects the software provides (like blurring). So my temporary solution was to try to create the illusion of a blur on the rubble, trees, rocks by adding a bit of transparency (really clear this is not working - especially if you look at my prison). I think there is a way that I can make those objects part of a symbol set (and thus use blur) - but I haven't really messed with it yet. Alternatively, I could do it as a last step in photoshop as Jack demonstrated. Either way, thanks for the comments.

BTW...JTougas I have been eagerly following your thread on the Adventures of Calan - I think its a really great story your developing and I find myself checking it regularly to see what happens to him next.