OK - so I incorporated suggestions regarding the wall texture and placement of the grid into the previous maps - I'm waiting to upload them until I get the blur issue taken care of. I tried using the magic wand in photoshop to only blur the background and realized that the best way to do it was to export the jpeg from CC3 w/o the title and scale bar...however, I'm wondering if anyone can point in the direction of some nice looking scale bars that can be created in photoshop?

I found this post - and although it serves the purpose, I was wondering if anyone knew how to make a more stylish scale bar. http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ight=scale+bar

Aside from that - i've made some progress on the overview of the keep. I've attached two WIPs. One includes a series of hill overlay shadows. Right now i'm leaning towards the one with overlays (since it matches my plan to have the path leading to the keep beset by hills). But, I'm not sure if I just made it look like a big mess. Any input would be appreciated. BTW - the part of the wall that juts out into the keep is supposed to an overlook where archers can take care of unwanted visitors and beneath it is a stables. I'm also less than satisfied with the buildings I used...but they will have to do for tonight.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Keep - Overview_v2 - no hills.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	532.4 KB 
ID:	46550 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Keep - Overview_v2.JPG 
Views:	168 
Size:	505.1 KB 
ID:	46551