Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Big Castle

This looks great so far. This is the first time I've seen the thread (I know, where have I been?) so I'm not sure what you have talked about but have you considered making the flags a bit wavy? At first I thought that NW flag was another rope because it just happens to end over the top of a rope and the coloring is so close.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

You are a god for me ^^
    So beautifull ... i'm french and i suffer to not have the good english words to tell you my feeling
    GREAT WORKS !
    Nyogtha

Started work on the interior. Lower part is done (might add some wooden furniture later) and now I need to do the bit where the three rope ladders inter-connect, with access down a platform/ladder into the tower. Tricky.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WalkwaysTowerint.png 
Views:	186 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	53415

Blog Entries

Wow, you're making this really good. It'll be awesome to see the whole picture when you're ready to show us. As for what you're delving into now - awesomeness. I am sure you'll continue to do well. The rope bridges look incredible.
    The best maps are the ones we like the most after looking at the longest.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

for sure ppl will just make something to play and explore this castle

Great interior of the tower!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktannery View Post
    Neyjour - everything I upload here is non-commercial use only - I'll add something to that effect in the first post. If you want to use the ropebridge commercially just change the colour/other aspect significantly so it looks different enough and I won't mind, because it was a bit of a rush job and to be honest isn't really good enough for commercial use. When I bent the rope strands they separated into awful-looking sections.
    Thanks very much. I just like to make notes of com/non-com use whenever I download objects, for future reference. Yeah, it's not perfect, but it's still a terrific looking bridge and should be easy enough to fix with a few tweaks.

The interior is looking great! Looking forward to seeing the next update.

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

I see the tower interior awesome, the lights and the shadows are managed perfectly. But, if I can, I would propose you an important fix.

If the castle has or had has, ever, a defensive purpose you have to change the opening direction of the doors. To open like now the door's hinges must be in the OUTSIDE of the door, so anyone that tries to enter in the tower only has to break or dismount them. In addition the door's frame will not protect/stop the door from opening, so any assaulter could use a horse or even several men to pull the door outside its frame.

Bye,

Valid point Antonio - I'll keep that in mind next time I do a door. In the meantime I tried to draw the wooden platform. Its not very good.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WalkwaysTowerint2.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	387.4 KB 
ID:	53734

In reality, that tower would probably have one flight of stairs that go up to a second floor, that second floor is where the two doors are, then maybe another flight to a third floor where there would be the three doors leading to the rope Bridges.

Single Staircases will give you more interior room on each floor.
    Hand Drawn Art by Derek Hand Art by yours truly. Available for Freelance or other work

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast