Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Castle

New gates, mud and some minor tweaking.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CourtyardB10.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	49277Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Courtyard A10.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	49278

It just looks SO good with those two pictures put together. Great Job!
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fantastic. I love the feeling of light and space this gives.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Thanks guys. Now I need to start working on the internal spaces of the western courtyard. Ive blocked these out here with 5-feet grids so I can work out scale and start drawing over the top.

Name:	CourtyardB(int).jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	49289

*Warning...obnoxious OCD-type nit picking...feel free to completely ignore.

Now that you put the grids up, it looks like your well is a little on the large side. Might make sense to shrink it a bit.

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

I appreciate good nit-picking. The well is rather large (the hole is 150 pixels in diameter which is 7.5 feet/2.2m). This probably makes it the biggest well ever created. However I don't think there is anything fundamentally wrong with this, and as a rule I like encounter maps to contain fewer larger-than-life objects rather than more realistic-sized clutter, as it provides more clarity. I could try a version with the well reduced to a more standard 1m diameter (ie 50% of the size) if you think it is very important.

EDIT: at this size it is probably more a cistern than a well; but it seems reasonable to have a large cistern that can store very large amounts of water in case of siege. Obviously in real life this would be covered over for safety but as a coincidence someone has obviously left the cover off today. I must remember to add a flooded tunnel to the cistern when I do the dungeon map.
    Last edited by Jacktannery; 10-24-2012 at 02:47 PM.

I have now completed the stables building. I am pretty happy with this.

Name:	stables.JPG 
Views:	948 
Size:	213.0 KB 
ID:	49295

EDIT: added a .png without shadows in case anyone wants to use it. Please note the hay and wooden columns are not by me.

Hay by Bludragn 2005 (http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/foru...s.asp?TID=3107)
    Bales by cdenham 2006 (http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/foru...s.asp?TID=1646)
    Wooden Column by Greytale 2006 (http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/foru...535&PN=0&TPN=1)

Name:	stables.png 
Views:	995 
Size:	1,017.3 KB 
ID:	49296
    Last edited by Jacktannery; 10-24-2012 at 04:11 PM.

Blog Entries

Wow that looks great.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

I am pretty happy with this.
    You should be...its pretty rad!

Blog Entries

Oh the temptation....to grab yet ANOTHER great piece of your work.... MUST RESIST.....failing...failing.... It's almost like you are building TWO castles...

Finished Maps

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast